Monday, July 2, 2007

July 2, 2007 - 18:27

Here's the most recent update:

June 29, 2007
>posted here
>I don't remember if I mentioned the free sandwich I got from the little 'Save Darfur' type restaraunt, but I got that!
>Went to a few pubs to check them out for the group... people are very generous to American tourists here... especially underfunded students... I couldn't pass up their hospitality...

June 30, 2007
[editor's note: though certain phone conversations were had recently, they were not entirely true. I had to hide some of the more graphic details for this blog. There was the gentler gender in company and I felt it necessary to keep things un-explicit. In short, sorry about the lack of precission and actuality in the one part of the conversation to you, party who I spoke with, about a certain trip that didn't end up happening on Saturday...]
>Woke up at 10:00 hung over like a bludgened squirell.
>Woke up again at 15:34. Showered and went out to buy bread and water.
[Note to self. Don't lose count of pints.]
>Arklow didn't quite happen, in fact. Instead, I bought a cheap guitar!
>Tried to earn some cash on Grafton street with the guitar. They just weren't biting. Even for Van Morrison - jerks.
>Wen to a little park and messed around on the guitar for a bit to unwind from the oh-so-busy day.
>There is a sweaty Englishman in the room now. He talks... A lot... The Spaniard and I now converse freely and very nicely. Good conversation about Tim Burton!
>I went to the 'Games Room' of the hostel to read and play guitar and met some Germans. They wanted to learn to play the guitar (yay...). I tought one of them 'free falling.' A) I hate Tom Petty. B) HOW HARD ARE D AND A CHORDS?
>Went upstairs to the common area to avoid them after an hour. Met more Germans who wanted me to play stuff and talk for two hours. At least they're conversational and English-speaking.

July 1, 2007
>check the hell out of that Hostel.
>Met a man from Cantebury England named Gareth. He decided to come with me on my adventures today. Okay by me!
>Wen to Trinity. Found people! Met a guy named Garry Hollywood who wants us to see his band on Tuesday. Hollywood? Really?
>Went with a group to Jameson Distillery. Whiskey! Yes!
>Gareth and we part ways until tonight.
>Checked into Trinity after lunch. NICE ROOM! THANK YOU, JESUS!
>A comedic police officer with a whistle and children surrounding him (and a clown) made me do pushups in St. Patrick's park for smiling without a permit.
>Got lost in Viking District...
>Found Trinity again! Went on Dublin tour with the group.
>found 2 cents.
>Went to a good food place, Peter's Pub. They're closing tomorrow for 6 weeks. They only had bread and cheese. Good dinner!
>Found a man on a motorcycle with amazing leather pants!
>Met up with some from group and Gareth with his Spanish friend David. New Spaniard!
>Pub hopped to a few.
>The French came to the last one. We ran away.

End Captain's Log_

2 comments:

Bailey Cunningham said...

"Woke up at 10:00 hung over like a bludgeoned squirrel."

Do you know how hard I laughed at that? Holy frikkin christman! The images... oh the images... Priceless...

Bailey Cunningham said...

"Woke up at 10:00 hung over like a bludgeoned squirrel."

Do you know how hard I laughed at that? Holy frikkin christman! The images... oh the images... Priceless...