Sunday, July 8, 2007

I forgot to tell you all a story.

On July 2nd, I was seperated from my lunch outing group because of a street performer. He was funny looking and gave me a piece of paper with the following message:
''One's beliefs and not one's knowledge determines the conduct and the personal performance. Teaching is nothing else than the transmission of a knowledge, and you cannot always learn. Knowledge is the result of teaching, but comprehension is the result of experience.''

Since he seperated me from the group, I tried to find them where we were supposed to meet up. Instead of finding them, I found an attractive Ukranian girl under a tree while it was raining. We began to talk, then I got her out of the Grafton Street area and sent her on her way. All the while, she was completely under the impression that I was from England. I milked it for all it was worth and even did some States-Bashing!

Anyway...

July 6, 2007
>Went to the National Gallery and looked at art. Cool.
>Took a nap with JoEllen and Emily.
>Beth made us all a goulash and it was delicious. Meanwhile, Kristen and I taught Emily and JoEllen how to play Magic the Gathering. In so doing, I discovered that Harley plays Magic and Reily will buy Yu-Gi-Oh cards and we will play. I love the bonding that Magic brings into my life.
>Sleep. Slow day, right?

July 7, 2007 (tee-hee... 7-7-07)
>National Museum today (by the way, everything is 'National' in this country). There was an exhibit on 'Bog People.' It was bodies found in Irish bogs that have been preserved miraculously by the chemical composition. It's a bit disturbing to look at an almost fully in tact 2000 year old body, but rather incredible. The creepiest parts were the bright red hair perfectly preserved and the hands on one of them. They looked alive.
>Some of us went to a comic book store and Reily bought Yu-Gi-Oh cards! w00t!
>The girls bought temporary tatoos.
>We went back to Trinity, applied the tatoos and went to Hard Rock.
[WARNING: if you like gin, you will cry now.]
>I ordered what I like to call a 'Father Martini.' It is the drink my father always gets. Bombay Saphire Gin, Up, really cold with two olives. I then proceeded to take 3 sips of it before it found its way to the table. And mostly on Emily's lap. I cried a lot inside.
>We bought a lot of beer and drank it while hand-washing our laundry in order to save €3 per load. Then went to a pub.
>The band at the pub was a female singer with a guitar and a male with a guitar on backup. They played Whiskey in the Jar three times in the hour we were there and still managed to be teh best band we've encountered since being here.

End of Captain's Log_

2 comments:

Nigel's Dad said...

Don't feel too bad about the martini incident. Do you remember my story about my visit to the restaurant Memphis in Manhattan with my favorite Texan (yes it is a short list) Randy, in 1985?

Kenna M. Kettrick said...

you are just too damn entertaining. also, i hope you're planting flags for me & coz all over dublin.

ps, on a business note, do you know if we get press tix to young frankenstein at the paramount?